#truffles #somethingsweet #dessert #homemade #ferrerorocherhomemade
- For the filling:
- 3 cups crushed hazelnut wafer cookies
- 3 cups finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- 1¼ cups (10 ounces) Nutella
- For the chocolate coating:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1½ cups finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- You'll want to start with the filling. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick mat. Crush the hazelnut wafer cookies and add them to the bowl. Combine hazelnuts and Nutella and mix well (it will be sticky). Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes so the mixture firms up. Shape into teaspoon-sized balls and place on baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- While you're waiting, stir together the chocolate and oil in a medium bowl. Melt the mixture in the microwave until full melted, stirring about 30 seconds. Add the hazelnuts and stir thoroughly to combine.
- When the truffle balls are ready, insert a toothpick into the truffle and dip into the melted chocolate mixture (like you're making Buckeyes). Place the truffles onto the baking sheet. Once you've finished coating them, place back into the fridge for 15 minutes. To serve, place truffles in mini cupcake liners.